What to Expect
- Submit a Request form online. A staff member should contact you within a week*.
- After submitting a Request and while you wait for us to contact you, please locate
all relevant documents and information the staff might need to review.
- A Self-Help Center staff member will contact you via your preferred contact method for
- This is the time to provide information regarding the legal matter you would like
- A phone/in-person appointment can be scheduled, if necessary. If further
discussion with an attorney is not needed, staff should be able to start drafting
your documents within a week*.
- Due to limited resources and the number of legal matters we are currently
assisting with walk-ins and same-day in-person appointments cannot be
accommodated at this time.
* Please note: Domestic Violence Restraining Orders have priority over other legal matters.
Our goal is to assist with those as quickly as possible, typically within a few days.
If the timeline for your matter is more urgent than our timeline allows, please reach out and
the Self-Help Center will provide a list of referrals. However, you will be responsible for any